Saturday 18 April 2015

Stephen Keshi Apologizes For All the Pains He Caused Nigerians


In an exclusive interview with AfricanFootball.com, a very sober coach Keshi  apologised personally to Nigerians, NFF president Amaju Pinnick and entire executive committee of the Nigeria Football Federation.
"I have used the last few weeks for a deep sober reflections and I have realised that I have made mistakes," he said. 
I want to sincerely apologise first to Nigerians. Even though I did it when we failed to qualify for the AFCON. But no amount apology is too much for Nigerians, and from the depth of my heart I am really sorry for the pains I may have directly or indirectly caused Nigerians. I ask for their forgiveness because I know that once Nigerians are behind you and support the team we will all succeed."

He added: 
"I want to personally apologise to the NFF president Amaju Pinnick and the executive committee members. I personally like the manner in which they have handled things. I want to ask their forgiveness in anyway I have erred. Like it is said, it is human to err and divine to forgive. 
Now that we have entered a new page, I want to say that the last few years as the Eagles coach was a learning curve for me. I have made mistakes and those mistakes have made me better and I learnt a lot from them. 
I want to also apologise and appeal to the media. They are my friends in the media and I need them to succeed. I ask the media to forgive me and put the past behind because I need them for the Eagles to succeed."

Keshi is expected to soon sign a two-year contract that would take him to the 2017 AFCON. 

No comments:

Post a Comment