Wednesday 11 February 2015

Do Not Die For Goodluck Jonathan; He is a Mediocre Performer - Obasanjo Warns Nigerians


At the Launch of his book, My Watch on 11th February, 2015 in London, former President Olusegun Obasanjo urged Nigerians not to die for a mediocre performer and said that he maintains the statement credited to him, of his endorsement of All Progressive Congress (APC) candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari.

According to Obasanjo;
"What I said, and I maintain that, and I will say it again,and I will do it. When the time comes for me to vote, I will consider the track record of all the candidates that are contesting and I will assess, and based on my assessment for who I believe have the best track record to perform the job of the Nigerian President, I should know.
And there is no sentiment in the affairs of Nigeria. Nigeria has a population of 180 million and how wouldn't we have anybody, other than one or two persons that can run the affairs of  Nigerians. For me, there are millions who can run the affairs of Nigeria that are not even coming out. So why should you die on behalf of one who is probably performing as a Mediocre. With all due respect, if you love Nigeria, you would look for the best for Nigeria and I don't believe that at this point in time, we have the best".
What an irony? All these, coming from the same man who practically forced an inexperienced Goodluck Jonathan on us. The music is on, and I think Obasanjo should dance. He shouldn't distance himself from the mess; he is part of the mess.
Politics is indeed a game; no permanent friends nor permanent enemies, all we have is permanent interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment